The quality of my work is good overall, i have taken time on every task and have completed it to the best of my ability and included sketches and rough designs for concepts of my game. The work is thought out and planned, however not as much as it could have been as I didn't always have a clear structure to follow and would get confused sometimes - this comes to communicating ideas across.
Communicating my ideas across was hard but it came out relatively strong and just needed cleaning up and some order, more due to luck than planning. Next time I will find a structure to follow to help me complete this to make the task quick and easy so that other tasks and projects can be prioritized. One other way to better communication skills would be to include more drafts and mindmaps so that people, as well as myself, have a clear understanding and ideas to go by and follow.
My first attempt at a 2d platformer was hard at first, as coding isn't something I specialize in, however it was interesting to learn how to command a sprite to move and insert colliders into the game. It's quite hard to grasp and so to develop a better understanding of this, I will watch tutorials for unity and spend time learning more on coding as we need to show a basic understanding of it.
Time management is key in this project and so I struggled a lot, while I had met deadlines, if I had planned it out more I think this would've been I process, to achieve this next time I will make a checklist to tick off tasks and deadlines so that I can manage work with ease. Things that went well are my art and asset creations, contingency plans and graphics specification doc, these were enjoyable tasks where i could have a lot of creative input and so this was easy and could be done to high abilities.
The asset creation was all created in illustrator and photoshop in which I have developed a basic understanding of how to create assets for games and add shading and gradients. These would've been even better if I hadn't rushed them and taken more time to conclude and have definitive plans, next time I will spend longer conducting primary research to get other peoples opinions and points of views rather than just my own so that I have a broad view of what may go well and what may not with consumers.
Consumer research would have been beneficial as I would have been able to find a clearer structure to follow and know what my game assets would benefit from - I will include this in my game plan next time to assure that I can follow a structure, rather than just my own ideas, as these may not be ideal to everyone and some input is always needed by people other than just myself.
Communicating my ideas across was hard but it came out relatively strong and just needed cleaning up and some order, more due to luck than planning. Next time I will find a structure to follow to help me complete this to make the task quick and easy so that other tasks and projects can be prioritized. One other way to better communication skills would be to include more drafts and mindmaps so that people, as well as myself, have a clear understanding and ideas to go by and follow.
My first attempt at a 2d platformer was hard at first, as coding isn't something I specialize in, however it was interesting to learn how to command a sprite to move and insert colliders into the game. It's quite hard to grasp and so to develop a better understanding of this, I will watch tutorials for unity and spend time learning more on coding as we need to show a basic understanding of it.
Time management is key in this project and so I struggled a lot, while I had met deadlines, if I had planned it out more I think this would've been I process, to achieve this next time I will make a checklist to tick off tasks and deadlines so that I can manage work with ease. Things that went well are my art and asset creations, contingency plans and graphics specification doc, these were enjoyable tasks where i could have a lot of creative input and so this was easy and could be done to high abilities.
The asset creation was all created in illustrator and photoshop in which I have developed a basic understanding of how to create assets for games and add shading and gradients. These would've been even better if I hadn't rushed them and taken more time to conclude and have definitive plans, next time I will spend longer conducting primary research to get other peoples opinions and points of views rather than just my own so that I have a broad view of what may go well and what may not with consumers.
Consumer research would have been beneficial as I would have been able to find a clearer structure to follow and know what my game assets would benefit from - I will include this in my game plan next time to assure that I can follow a structure, rather than just my own ideas, as these may not be ideal to everyone and some input is always needed by people other than just myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment